DHL finally came through today, their customs dept stopped messing about with my X98 Plus and delivered it. Heres the unboxing and hands-on video. (I’ll have more in the next few days)
As you can see in the video, the build is the same as the X98 Air III. The new square edge metal unibody housing.
- eMMC is a Toshiba 064G70 and speeds are good.
- Performace is much like the Z3735F
- Feels slower than the X98 Pro (as expected 1.84 Ghz Vs 2.24 on the Pro)
- Battery life is back, should last as long as the X98 Air 3G, so 6-7 hours.
- Temps seem much better than the X5 Z8500, so far 61 degrees c max benchmarking. I think gaming should see this get close to 70 degrees (Perfectly fine) and it doesn’t look like it will throttle unlike the X98 Pro
- Geekbench 3 = 729 single and 2104 multi.
- Icestorm 1.2 = 11263.
- MicroSD slot supports HS cards. Read and writes over 60mb’s
So far so good. It’s not a power house of a tablet. I expected this with the lowest clocked Atom Cherry Trail X5 in it. Around 50% of Ram free in Windows on first boot. Price? $174 at Banggood with BG’s coupon Xmas06