Jumpers EZbook 2 turned out to be an okay notebook for the price and I enjoyed mine. Which lead me to get this latest model from Jumper,the EZbook Air. It’s 11.6″ with a glossy 1080p screen, it comes in champagne gold only so far. Powered by an Atom X5 Z8300 & 4GB like the Ezbook 2. But the good things are, Intel wireless AC, 128GB eMMC and most metal housing. I say mostly as the sides and the large screen bezels are made of plastic.
The weight of it is really nice, under 1 kilo and that includes a 8000mAh battery that should last for around 7 hours. It’s also super thin. Just a real shame the bezels are so large, it’s taken me a while to adjust to it. After coming from a Mi Notebook Air with very thin left and right bezels this was a bit of a shock. I got my unit from Gearbest here.
My first impressions:
- Super light and thin
- Bright and sharp 1080p panel looks like a decent panel
- The keyboard is good to type on with nice feedback and travel from the individual keys
- Samsung 128GB eMMC ( speed will be coming )
- Metal palm rest, lid and rear backing
- Intel Wireless AC 3160
- Web camera imagine looks just fine. (as seen in unboxing)
- Fast Type-C charging
- Feel faster than Z8300 tablets, just how the EZbook Air 2 feels.
- Touchpad seems good, some gestures are disabled like swing down.
- Massive 2003 style screen bezels. (Jumper should have used a larger panel?)
- The color, it’s not for everyone
- Only one port! (They copied Apple way too much here)
- No HDMI out
- No SD or MicroSD card slot
- No USB ports
- A bit price for the spec (It is an Atom Z8300)
- Glossy screen, if it is a removable layer. I don’t see where to peel it off?