Update 14th Dec. Wireless AC confirmed. 99% Sure it also states USB 3.1 Type-C Data and charging judging by these press images.
Updated 7th Dec. Teclast held their press event yesterday, price confirmed to be 2999 RMB in China, which is around $430 USD. International model pricing hasn’t been released, but it’s expected in January 2017 the international model. This just means a version in English, with support for language packs.
Some more specs confirmed, it definitely has dual-band wireless AC & 8GB of RAM.
*Updated 30th Nov* Gearbest has jumped the gun and posted the full specs of the new Teclast X5 Pro. Turns out my guess was mostly correct. It will have the following specs:
- 12.2″ 1920 x 1200 screen (I think this is the Tbook 12 Pro screen, so should be fully laminated/OGS)
- 8GB RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
- 240GB SSD *Sata3 M2 2242
- Wireless AC *100% confirmed 5Ghz Wireless AC 433mb/s max speed.
- Surface Pro 4 like design (Kickstand, type cover)
- Front facing stereo speakers (again like a Surface Pro 4)
- USB 3.1 Type-C
- 12v 2A DC input for charging (Type-c port should also charge the tablet)
- Micro HDMI or micro USB 2.0 port (Looking at the images)
- Type cover keyboard
There is always the possibility some of these specs are incorrect, no mention of stylus support which I find surprising. Could still be there, just no mention of it yet. Also, note that Teclast’s marketing department are famous for making bezels and the tablet look thinner than real life, I hope it’s very similar to the images. And looks like it could be the best tablet out of China yet? Price wise, this will definitely be more than the newly announced Cube Mix Plus also powered by an Intel Core M3-7Y30. Thanks to Alber in the comments for the tip.
Teclast has and up and coming press conference on the 6th of December in the Guangzhou Grand Hyatt Hotel, where they will announce their latest flagship 2-in-1 tablet. This new flagship will be powered by the new Intel Core M3-7Y30 (2.6Ghz max clock rate and Intel HD 615 GPU) and have a 240GB SSD, unfortunately, no further details released until the press event which will be presented Teclast’s CEO with Intel and Microsoft representatives.
I’ll make sure to check this out on the 6th and post all the release details, here’s hoping it’s something special. Fully laminated 3:2 display with stylus support would be a great start and at least 8GB of RAM like the X3 pro.
Here’s my guess at the rest of the specs:
- Core M3-7Y30
- 8GB RAM
- 240GB M.2 Sata3 (PCIE SSD I think is unlikely at this price point but would be nice!)
- 12″ or 12.2″ screen (non-laminated)
- Kickstand design, with type cover style keyboard.
- Intel 3165 Wireless AC
- Standard size USB 3.0 port
- USB 3.1 Type-C
- Metal unibody rear housing
- Priced around $430-$450
What do you think the specs will be?