Update: For those asking about the price. It seems it ran out of units on at the $219 flash price so the price increased to an insane $347, now it’s $249 but the $10 off coupon is still working TECLASTS$200-$10 use it on check out here. If that is not working a commenter below “A” has posted this email only offer link that seems to still work and at $229. I’m not sure what game Gearbest are playing, but raising it to $347 is just silly. So thanks to you guys in the comments with links to more normal prices for this type of hardware.
This laptop might look familiar, it’s almost identical to the EZBook 3L Pro. One I never reviewed as I learned it had a TN panel. Well now that same shell and ODM in Teclast’s hands the F7 is looking very promising especially considering the price tag. It has a full metal build, just 1.32 kilos and around 14 mm thin. The build is excellent and it has a large precision touchpad, the keyboard is better than the EZBook 3 Pro’s, it has a column of keys dedicated to Page up/Down, End and Delete. And the power button isn’t exactly where the delete key normally is.
And the screen is an IPS. It’s glossy but that’s because it has a screen protector applied. Mine might do too, however, I cannot see the edges of the screen protector or any signs of bubbles or dust under a screen protector. My attempts to remove it with tape and using a plastic pry tool have failed. So mines on for now.
The spec is the same more or less as the EZBook 3 Pro:
- Intel Celeron N3450 (9W TDP set in the bios adjustable to whatever you want)
- 6GB of LPDDR3 RAM, 1600Mhz dual channel.
- A fast 5.1 spec Sandisk eMMC.
- 2242 SATA3 SSD slot with easy access hatch.
- Intel Wireless AC 3165
- Windows 10 Home
- Two x USB 3.0 ports & MicroSD slot (USB 2.0)
However, unlike the EZBook 3 Pro this Teclast F7 has a fully unlocked bios with power limits. A larger, better touchpad and keyboard. The microphones are next to the camera and not above the keyboard. And it’s lighter. So it’s quite possible this model if everything else checks out in my review bests the EZBook 3 Pro and becomes the new best budget laptop for the price.
Other things to note.
- Free space is around 37GB.
- My Kingspec 512GB SSD is detected and works fine.
- The speakers are louder than the EZBook 3 Pro
- The IPS panel doesn’t suffer from the blue tint like the EZbook 3 Pro’s
- The keys on the keyboard have a firm feel, not a huge amount of travel, but good to type on. Better than my EZBook 3 Pro V4
It’s currently $219 for a limited time using coupon TECLASTS$200-$10 here