My Chuwi Vi8 Ultimate edition arrived today. Unfortunately the Hi8 has not shipped yet, so that will come later on. The Vi8 Ultimate edition is the Vi8, but with a new white look that is similar in design with the Vi10HD and Vi10 Dual OS I recently reviewed. It shares the metal trim and more squared of edges. It doesn’t have a glass back, like the vi10 but it does have it’s slightly faster Atom Z3736F which clocks up to 2.16Ghz. It’s the first 8 inch dual os tablet to use this Atom SoC.
My unboxing video is below.
- Looks and feels better in hand than the Chuwi VI8 first models (The black ones)
- Android rom is very light and the DPI is good.
Speaker sounds like it could be the same as the Vi8’s which is a real shame, I will test it some more and confirm this.
- No HDMI port of course, removed for cost saving?
- Great for resisting finger prints and smudges
- Basically it’s a white VI8, that is going to be faster, better looking – BUT lacking an HDMI output.
I will have videos up in a few days of the eMMC speed, benchmarks (win and droid) and see if it’s worth the few extra bucks over the now super cheap $85 Chuwi Vi8 Z3735F dual OS tablet.
My full review will be up in a week or so.
The speaker is much louder and over all better than the original Vi8, which is great. The bad, the eMMC seems very slow around 50mbs max read and write speeds from some unknown NCard brand eMMC?… Oh dear, Chuwi cut corners on not only removing the hdmi port, but the eMMC it seems.