Mirek190 over on the XDA forums has released an updated new custom ROM for all Teclast X98 Air 3G and Air II variants. This is without a doubt the best ROM yet, even if it’s back on Android 4.4.4. Mirek190 might have gone back to Android 4 as the Android 5 ROM was based on a beta Android 5 Lollipop release from Teclast.
The downloads are below:
Make sure you download the version that matches your X98 Air 3G or Air II model number C5J6 etc (See the back of your Air II or air 3G) You can flash it via the Intel MFG Tool or via desktop using ADB. If you want to reparation Android and Windows there are partition files included. Or the alternative you can just flash the system image using the supplied XML files within the download file. Remember only do flash if you understand the risks of losing your Windows image, data and apps. Make sure you back up everything.
Bios v2.02 is required. Again, there is a risk updating the bios. TT is not responsible for any bricked X98’s. A full wipe is recommended after flashing.
Rom info and changelog:
* ability to flash only system ( data and partitions are not touched ) or full flash.
* system partition 1 GB instead of 1.5 GB –default but you can change it.
* cache 100 MB instead of 1024 MB – is completely enough I tested, but you can change it.
* data partition 27 GB instead of 25 GB ( 32 GB variant ) – I added other partition tables for data like 1 , 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6 ,7 ,8 ,9 , 10,15,20,30,40 GB , only android , only windows or default.
* fully rooted
* removed all Chinese programs
* busy box
* zip alignment
* changed navigation buttons to looks better
* resided navigation bar
* removed vol buttons and screenshot button from navigation bar – screenshot you can make pressing vol – and power at the same time.
* bold fonts on system bar – fonts looks better
* lower min brightens
* microphone gain fix
* clock on the middle of the status bar
* changes in Buildprop for performance.
* optimizations in Framework
* added. Google services, Google play, YouTube , etc
* adblock ( need root )
* new MxPlayer with codecs that are able to run everything.
* resolution changer ( need root )
* ViPER4Android FX – need root now sound is really good and noisy [emoji14]
* default adb and developer options are on after flash
* Stock browser no searching on Chinese websites anymore !
* Apex launcher
* Xposed and addon Gravity Box – you can customise battery , power menu , etc
* Gpu-fix – a little underclock ( 590 mhz ) to prevent freezes – you can easily change it in ( /system/etc/init.d/gpu-fix ) or remove it to get full speed.
* read and write fix for memory card
* no more throlling message anymore .
* optimizations for :
- internet speed tweaks
- GSM/3g tweaks ( for 3g air only )
- WiFi tweaks
- vm management tweaks
- kernel tweaks
- tweaks in kernel ramdisk
- battery tweaks
- optimisations, tweaks for ETX4 partitions
- governor and I/O tweaks
- tweaks for memory ( RAM ) and lowmemorykiller – heavy multitasking works nice !
- and more I don’t remember