Some of Teclast X98 Pro’s have been affected by a bios bug resulting in missing eMMC drivers and booting into the bios instead of loading an OS. Teclast has issued a new bios update that should fix the issue.
*** WARNING: ONLY FLASH THIS IF YOU HAVE THE MISSING EMMC ISSUE! ***
Thanks to Echo from OKQI for this latest bios update. Instructions are included in the file with images. To flash it is easy enough. You will need a USB hub, keyboard and USB pen drive/flash drive.
Before you start make sure you have 100% battery or at least 80%. Low battery life will result in a bricked tablet!!
- You need to format the pen drive to fat32 format and name it WINPE.
- Move all the files from inside the Bios Solutions folder of the Rar folder to the root of the pen drive
- Tip: I renamed the bios from BIOS_T12_AW_464_tPAD_V113-Telcast.bin to bios.bin to makes things easy
- Boot the X98 Pro and mashing F7 you should see a boot menu.
- Select your pen drive.
- Now you’re in Shell
- Navigate to your pen drive. Typing fs2: did it for me, yours could be fs1:-4:
- Now type afuefi.efi BIOS_T12_AW_464_tPAD_V113-Telcast.bin /p /b /n /x
- Or if you renamed the bios like I did type: afuefi.efi bios.bin /p /b /n /x
If you get an error, just arrow up and flash it again until it’s 100% and no errors.
Notes: I tested and flashed my own K9C6that was working fine. No issues, bios build is version 1.13, build date 28th of October 2015. My K9C6 shipped with 1.05 with a build of September 11th.