The comparison many of you have been asking for, both of these 12″ tablets are very similar with the exact same specs, Atom X5 Z8300, 4GB DDR3L 1600Mhz RAM, 64GB eMMC, Wireless N. And both run Android 5.1 and Windows 10 Home.
The key differences are stylus support, their screens and battery life. I won’t go into benchmarks as they both perform about the same in 3DMark, Geekbench 3, PCMark 7 and even the eMMC’s offer similar speeds and this can vary from unit to unit as both manufacturers use different brands of eMMC so that depends on the batch you get.
I quickly compare them in the below video:
Reasons to get the Hi12 over the iWork12:
- $30 to $40 Cheaper
- Far superior 2160 x 1440 Samsung PLS display (Ex Surface Pro 3 display)
- 3:2 ratio screen
- Better battery life in Android and Windows. (11,000 mAh battery Vs the 9,000 mAh in the Cube)
- Active Stylus support
- One more full sized USB port
- Transformer style keyboard.
Reasons to get the iwork12 instead of the Hi12:
- Slightly more fluid in Android and Windows due to lower resolution of 1920 x 1200
- Focaltech touch screen is more responsive and accurate Vs the Goodix digitizer on the Hi12.
- Two position kickstand
- Better build quality and quality control.
- Better speakers (louder and clearer)
- High-quality type cover style keyboard