Since I now have both of the Mi Notebook’s with the same configuration, Core i5 8250U’s, 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD’s. Here is a hands-on comparison of both of them. This video comparison covers all the key differences between the two models. And It’s not as straightforward as you might think but they also have some big differences in performance, battery life, screens and even the speakers.
So to recap:
Reasons to get the Mi Notebook Pro over the 13.3″ Air 2018 model:
- Much better thermals
- Less fan noise and fan cycling
- Battery life is better (larger battery of course)
- Better keyboard & larger touchpad
- Speakers are louder and have more bass
- Faster performance, both CPU and GPU
- Dual channel RAM
- SD card slot and extra Type-C port
- The hinge is more firm than the 13.3″ model.
Reasons to get the Mi Notebook Air 13.3″ version over the Mi Notebook Pro:
- Smaller size
- 700 grams lighter!
- Slightly better screen (Brighter, sharper and more color gamut over the 15.6″ model (a few Adobe RGB % more)
So there you have it if size and weight is a huge factor get the Mi Notebook Air 13.3, but make sure it’s the 2018 model. It’s still a big improvement over the 2017 model. For everyone else that can handle 15.6-inches and almost 2 kilos the Mi Notebook Pro is the one to get!
Unfortunately the prices as of late have increased quite a bit. Check for the best deals here: